Committee Meeting Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting held on 18th May 2016


Agenda
Present

 Apologies

 

Minutes of 11th Jan 2016

Matters arising

Walks Programme

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Membership

 

 

Treasurers
Report

 

 

 

Social Matters

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AOB

 

Next Meeting

 

 

 

 

Discussion
Jean Harrison, David Mason, Rosemary Sutton, Virginia Jensen, John Smart, Hilary Smart, Paula Czepek, Barry Sleet

None

 

Signed as correct

 

None

 

A full programme has just been distributed to members. Closing date for the next programme 25th June.
Points raised re walks:

  • Leaders need to be informed before the walk if walkers are going straight to the starting point
  • Leaders will be encouraged to put walks on any day of the week, including 2 walks a day if walks are of different levels of difficulty
  • Back markers need to wait for anyone who drops back and stop the group if necessary
  • Around the Houses could be combined with ‘Walking Home for Christmas’ with a donation box during the walk. RS suggested that the funds could possibly match what was raised
  • PC/JH will look into a new style ‘Around the Houses’ for 2016
  • New Year’s walk needs to be considered and planned
  • JH will contact Richard Hales re ‘popping in’ during a walk, walk will be planned by Virginia and Jean

We currently have 106, resulting from 5 new members and 4 resignations.   Of this number, 15 have not yet paid their subscriptions. A final email will be sent and if there is no response we will assume that they do not wish to continue their membership. 

 

Bank Balance at 16th May 2016                                                                  £3,763.05
Plus 2 Sweatshirts (£5 each devalued from £15 each)                               10.00
Net Funds & Assets                                                                                        £3,773.05

Note: we are not holding funds for WW16 as we currently have a deficit of £49 after paying the hotel deposits and recci expenses

 Walking Holiday

  • Programme for the walking holiday is just about complete and final details will be sent out shortly. At present there are 33 members attending the holiday.
  • A questionnaire will be sent to all members so the committee can see if the format of the Walking Holiday, as it stands, is still meeting the requirements of the majority.

Alternative Walking Holidays

  • DM will investigate walking holidays run by various companies, inc HF Holidays

 

Skittles Evening
The consensus was that the Walwyn Arms was a good venue for a skittles evening and Diane Hudson will be asked if this can be arranged for the end of Oct.

New format for AGM
DM suggested that the AGM is moved to the middle of April, this would then cover the Annual Dinner. A possibility of a new format for the AGM could be a short walk followed by the meeting and a lunch. Ross Golf Club was thought to be a suitable venue with a suggested date of 20th April.

Liz Bailey has had a fall. A card will be sent

 

July 27th at 2pm Linton House, Bromsash

PC   24th May 2016

Action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RS

RS

RS

 

 PC, JH
VJ

VJ, JH

 

HS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HS, JS

JS

 

DM

 

 

 

DM - DH

DM

 

 

JH

 

 

 


web counter

Contact the Webmaster

Link to Crews4U