Committee Meeting Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting held on 19th July 2017

Agenda
Present

 

Apologies

 

Minutes of April 26th ‘17

Matters arising

Walks Programme

 

Membership

 

Treasurers
Report

Social Matters

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AOB

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next Meeting

 

 

 

 

 

 

Discussion
Jean Harrison, Martin Hudson, Ronnie Bunting, Sue Edwards, Sue Dowdeswell, Jan Lelievre, Stuart Blows, Paula Czepek,

None

 

Minutes of April2017 signed as correct

Ross Golf Club has confirmed the booking for 2018 AGM and a deposit has been paid

The programme for August and September has been published and is almost full. At the moment October and November have limited walks on. Closing date is 23rd August. The IT programme is working well

 

Membership stands at 99. This comprises of 47 single members, 25 joint members and 2 social members

The account balance is £3912.92 as of 20th July 2017

 

Skittles – 13th November
Diane Hudson is kindly organising the social evening. The Walwyn Arms has been booked; details will be published at a later date.

Round The Houses - December 7th
Arrangements are in hand!

Film Night – February 7th 2018
The Phoenix Theatre has been booked for the film ‘Wild’ and a bar will be available. There has been a good response from members. Tickets approximately £5 per head, details to follow.

New Year’s walk 4th January 2018
It was felt a good venue for lunch would be the Walwyn Arms, who can provide a carvery. Stuart Blows will look into devising a pre lunch walk.

Walking Holiday
Six walks for the four day period have been selected and a recce of each one has been completed by the walk leaders. The detailed programme is now being prepared for issue during the next month. 36 members have booked the holiday, leaving one twin/double available. This will be advertised in Chairman’s Chat. Final payment due by the 18th August.
Organisation Team – John Smart, Hilary Smart, Stuart Blows Gill Blows, Virginia Jensen, Jean Harrison

Use of Walks Archive
The Committee discussed the use of the Walks Archive and the concern of some members that walks they had devised, and were published in the archive, were being used without approaching the original leader first.
After a lengthy discussion it was agreed –

  • That the works submission form will be amended to allow leaders to indicate if they do not wish their walk to go into the archive.
  • Leaders’ initials will be added to the walk descriptions in the archive so that walkers can contact them as a courtesy and for assistance. This will begin with the 2017 walks and cannot be back-dated before then.
  • The existing statement on the walks submission notes will be changed to explain that walks posted on the archive can be used by other members and that the leaders’ initials will be added for the reasons given above.
  • Apart from the changes on the forms, these outcomes will not come into force until the webmaster has been able to post the 2017 walks on the archive in the website next year.

New Members Pack
Sue Edwards and Paula Czepek will work on updating the New Members Pack which will be presented to the committee for their approval and advice at the next committee meeting.

First Aid Kit
It was agreed although we do not have a qualified 1st aider on every walk it is important that we carry a basic kit to offer in the case of emergencies. Members will be reminded that it is their responsibility to carry emergency supplies if they have a need over and above the basic kit, for example, if they are likely to need an Epipen or sugar/insulin in the cases of diabetes.

Residential holidays
The committee are going to look at HF holidays to decide if the group could use this facility for 2018. Committee members will respond to Martin by July 31st. It was agreed that it would be feasible that we could use their self guided walks if we do book a venue. Martin will ask for volunteers to help with the organisation of a residential holiday.
Sue Dowdeswell is researching The Manor House and Ashbury near Oakhampton for future years.

Correspondence Lydbrook/Stowfield Bridge
Martin had a reply from the Highways Commissioning re the closure of Stowfield Bridge. Following a routine inspection the bridge was closed as it was deemed by engineers to be unsafe for walkers to use. Gloucestershire County Council and Amey are currently looking at options for repairs to the bridge.

 

Wednesday 11th October 2017
Flat 2  Cradoc House  Gloucester Road  HR9 5LR

 

Minutes Signed as correct ..........................................................

Date..................................

 

PC  July 20th  2017

Action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chairman’s Chat

 

 

RB, SE

 

 

MH, SB

 

 

 

Chairman’s Chat

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SE, PC

 

 

Chairman’s Chat
New Members Pack

 

Chairman’s Chat
All

 

SD

 

Chairman’s Chat

 

 

 

 


web counter

Contact the Webmaster

Link to Crews4U